Liberty Electrostimulation Unit
Pelvic Floor Stimulation (PFS) is a non-invasive treatment aimed at strengthening and toning the pelvic floor muscles to treat stress incontinence or to assist in calming involuntary muscle contractions, thus reducing urge incontinence. Unlike many treatments for urinary incontinence, PFS has no significant side effects, always exercises the correct muscles, and does not require active patient participation. Medicare Coverage as of April 2001
The Liberty System is the easiest to use and most cost-effective PFS system available. It is designed to treat stress, urge and mixed incontinence, and consists of a stimulation device and a choice of three comfortable exercisers. For complete information on the Liberty pelvic floor stimulation system go to LibertyFromIncontinence.com
- User friendly system has only three controls:
Channel switch - permits selection for either stress (50Hz) or urge (12.5Hz) incontinence.
- The stress mode is associated with strengthening and toning the pelvic floor muscles and the urge mode stimulates the detrusor inhibitory reflex. Mixed incontinence can be treated by alternating channels with each treatment.
- Intensity adjustment knob - controls the intensity of stimulation from zero to 65mA. This is adjusted for each individual patient.
Continuous control button - when depressed will deliver uninterrupted stimulation while determining the appropriate intensity level.
Indicator light - illuminates when the device is delivering stimulation.
- Duty cycle - is the duration of the stimulation cycle and rest cycle. It is preset at 5/10 (5 seconds of stimulation and 10 seconds of rest).
- Duration - of treatment is prescribed by the clinician. Liberty will automatically shut off after 30 minutes. If a shorter treatment time is desired, the device can be turned off by turning the intensity adjustment knob to zero.
Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a practitioner licensed by law of the State in which he/she practices to use or order the use of the device.